Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Couple of Updates...

I have so many projects going ~ in so many different stages of completion (just the way I must like it, as that's the way I've always done things)...that I thought I'd take a few photos this evening to remind myself that it really does feel good to actually finish something! (Still just "nudging" myself, none of these are actually done...yet ~ ;^) ~ ♥


I'm getting there, though!


Photobucket


Here are my tuberose bulbs from last year...I emptied the pot they were in ~ in the garage all winter ~ and I think the bulbs are fine...(fingers crossed) ~ they have quadrupled in size, though, from the little ones I bought last year...I could probably divide them, but I think I will leave them "as is" this year.



Photobucket


Here, I'm finally working on the little house for my fairy garden... I had Mr. B cut the top off a second gourd as I wanted a "roof" that was a little taller, and also wider, giving a bit of an over-hang. I also had him cut off the top of the first gourd so I could fill it with sand (partially) for stability.


Photobucket


Here I am, playing again! (My favorite thing to do! I've decided to let my Inner Child take over at least 90% of the time, now...I should have done this sooner)...really, though, this was so much messy fun! I worked outside, the weather was perfect, and the petunias near me smelled SOOO good!

I've had these BIG pinecones for some time, and decided that the individual scales (I wanted to call them "petals", but I looked it up...) would make good shingles. I used some old scissors to trim the length a little, and then started hot-glueing, fitting them together somewhat like they were on the pinecone.

I had to stop, though, as it was beginning to get dark and damp ~ I could have continued in the house, but thought better of yet another mess inside...

To be continued tomorrow evening!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

♥ ♥ ♥
Anne

18 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,
    Oh my! Look what you have done.. I love it.. What a great use of the pinecones...Perfect for the shingles.. I am excited to see the finished house... I will be back soon.
    Thank you so much for wandering over and leaving such a sweet note.
    Enjoy your evening,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne: That is going to be such a great little home for the fairies. I bet they will think they are "movin on up" with a fancy roof like that. Keep working, I can't wait..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us what you came up with in 'play time'. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks cute already - looking forward to seeing the finished article!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea...shingles. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    Have a great day.
    Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE what you've done with the pine cone! How clever and creative!

    I also love tuberoses. It has been many years since I've seen or smelled them, and I have all but forgotten them until now. Thank-you for reminding me of good memories I'd not thought of in a very long time.

    Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne- It looks like you have been a busy girl. I always have a few projects in the works, too...and now i have several I need to get finished up! What a great idea with the pine cones. I may just steal that idea for our fairy houses myself. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, shingles on the gourd house! The fairies will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gourd house is so cute but does look like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!

    I used pine cones on a small log cabin once. Yours on the gourd is the perfect combination. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so great, such a wonderful little fairy cottage.
    If I were a fairy, I would love to live there. I can't wait to see the result in the fairy garden !
    Have a magical day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing says HOME like a pine cone roof! You'll have fairies by the dozens wanting to rent out this place!

    Inner children are the best....we should all learn how to find ours! You are leading the way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have fun playing with ALL your projects. I enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little fairy house is lovely, I'm sure you'll have a fairy fall in love with it.
    Your bulbs look good and healthy.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne it is going to be gorgeous - can't wait to see it finished. Would never have thought of using pine cones for shingles - you better let that inner child out to play! Love Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...wow factor number nine! ~ faeries will be everywhere yoU look! ~ thankyoU for this magical share! ~ blessed be!...
    ...xXx...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your fairy house. The pine cone shingle idea is great. Thank you for sharing your play time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute, Anne!
    You are so clever and creative! I have pinecones coming out my ears from the Ponderosa Pine in our yard. what a sweet project..and, what a pleasure it will be to see it finished!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn x x x

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!